Anyone found guilty in the Olathe Municipal Court has a right to appeal the conviction to the District Court of Johnson County, Kansas.

To appeal, the defendant must post an appearance bond in an amount determined by the Municipal Judge, file proper notice with a municipal court clerk, serve notice on the City Prosecutor and appear in the District Court.

These requirements are subject to specific time limits which must be complied with by defendants.