- Accountable Government
- Economic Development
- Performance Measurement
- Taxes and Fees
- Contact Us
How the City of Olathe Buys:
In accordance with applicable laws, statutes, and ordinances, City purchasing and contract procedures promote open competition to award contracts to the lowest most responsive and responsible vendor who meets City specifications.
Purchases valued at $5,000 to $24,999 require:
Competitive solicitation of at least three (3) written quotations received
• Online at www.PublicPurchase.com
• First class mail:
PO Box 768
Olathe, KS 66051-0768
Vendors can provide quotes directly to individual City departments or the Procurement Division upon City request.
Purchases above $25,000 require:
Formal "Invitation for Bids" or "Request for Proposals"
• Notices are published in the local newspaper, City of Olathe website, and online at www.PublicPurchase.com.
• Bid awards over $49,999 require approval of the Olathe City Council.
Registration with www.PublicPurchase.com is required to become a vendor with the City of Olathe. Registration directions are provided to identify commodities or services of interest. The City of Olathe is pleased to offer this program at no cost – be sure to choose the button which indicates “Free Registration.” Please contact the Procurement Office at 913-971-8714 if you have any questions or difficulties.
• All City solicitations (Invitation for Bids and Request for Proposals) are handled through the Public Purchase system. Once you are registered as a vendor, you will receive notification of all bids and RFP’s that are related to the commodities and services you selected.
• HUD Housing Projects are generated through the Housing Division. Contact the Housing Division at (913) 971-6472 for information on current projects.