Olathe Public Library Programming
Please visit the events calendar for an updated list of programs. Questions can be directed to 913-971-6874 for children's programming or 913-971-6888 for adult and teen programming. The Olathe Indian Creek Library, 13511 S. Mur-Len Rd., Suite 129, and the Olathe Downtown Library, 201 E. Park St., are open Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Meet & Eat Afterschool and Homework Help Mondays through Fridays from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Downtown Library and Wednesdays through Fridays at the Indian Creek Library from 4 to 6 p.m. Children ages 18 and under are invited to stop by the library for free afterschool meals courtesy of Harvesters. All meals must be eaten on site and are only available for children. This event is sponsored by Harvesters Community Food Network and Friends of the Library. Students in grades K to 10 who need help with homework may receive assistance from high-achieving high school students.
- Computer Help Lab on Tuesday, Oct. 24, from 9:30 to 11:30 p.m. at the Downtown Library and on Thursday, Nov. 2, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Indian Creek Library. Get help with Microsoft software, the Internet, email, eBooks, and more. Staff will be available and provide online training materials. Registration is not required.
- Minecraft & Gaming for Teens on Tuesday, Oct. 24, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Downtown Library. Join other gamers in grades 6 to 12 to play Minecraft and other video games, including virtual reality games. Multiple consoles will be available and may include Xbox One, Play Station 4, Nintendo Switch, Wii and Wii U. Registration is not required.
- Raising a Reader – 6 by 6 Early Literacy Skills on Wednesday, Oct. 25, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Indian Creek Library. Bring your young children to our meeting room to help grow their "pre-reading" skills as you interact together with educational toys and books. For ages 5 and younger. Registration is not required.
- Hand Embroidery Workshop on Wednesday, Oct. 25, from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Indian Creek Library. All experience levels are welcome with one-on-one guided instruction available. Prepared embroidery patterns and stitching supplies will be available while supplies last. Register on events calendar or by calling 913-971-6888.
- Junior Makers on Wednesday, Oct. 25, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Downtown Library. This month's program for children in grades 1 to 5 and will feature paper airplanes. Register on events calendar or by calling 913-971-6874.
- Teen Afternoon Rush on Thursday, Oct. 26, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Teen Commons (16160 W. 135th St.). Join other teens to play on computers, watch movies, and enjoy games. Registration is not required.
- Room on the Broom on Friday, Oct. 27, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Downtown Library. Enjoy the picture book Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson and then watch the Oscar-nominated animated short based on the book. All ages are welcome. Tickets will be distributed 15 minutes prior to program on a first come, first served basis. Registration is not required.