Kick off a summer of fun activities with Playing on the Prairie and the grand opening of the new Agricultural Livestock Heritage Barn! In cooperation with the Olathe Junior Service League, enjoy spring time crafts, 1860s Living History activities and more!.
Stagecoach rides will be offered for $2/person ages 3 & up. (activities subject to change)
- Animals to visit during this event may include Berkshire Pigs, baby chicks, oxen, Spanish Goats, and Alpacas (courtesy of Total Alpaca Ranch)
- Talks about the new additions will take place in the new barn at 10:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m., additional talks may take place throughout the day
- Shearing demonstrations will take place at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
- Visit exhibits in the new Agricultural Livestock Barn
- The Johnson County Extension Office will have a combine simulator inside the new barn
- Members of the Kansas City Fiber Guild will have items for sale
- Crafts and activities may include: leather stamping, clothespin dolls, planting a sunflower seed, rainsticks, bow and arrow, and a trading post
- 1860s living history activities may include: butter churning, laundry, games, gold panning, visiting the Mahaffie house, blacksmith and cookstove demonstrations and stagecoach rides ($2/person ages 3 & up)
Food available for purchase. When you arrive, park in the parking lot of the Heritage Center and pick up your map for a complete list of activities