Address: 610 S. Curtis Street
Park Location: The park is located off of Sheridan Street accessed from Harrison Street. Click here for Google map.
Park History: George B. Alger settled in Olathe in 1859. He was the first ice cream manufacturer in Olathe, operating it in the summer and converting it to an oyster parlor in the winter. He also was the first to deliver ice cream and ice to homes in Olathe. When he built the ice house, he also built the north pond at the City Water Works. Water Works Park includes 15 acres of land and 14 acres of water. The park was dedicated in 1973.