Animal Control Unit



Rabies Clinic-December 3, 2016

Olathe Animal Control provides a safe and harmonious community for people and animals through enforcement and education of animal control ordinances.  Olathe operates a clean, modern, animal shelter with many animals for adoption.  Our animal shelter does not euthanize for space however we do offer euthanization services upon request.

Animal Adoption

Contact Us


Licensing and Fees

Lost and Found

License Application

The Olathe Animal Control Unit also provides these services:
Enforcement of City ordinances
Investigation of animal bites, cruelty to animal cases, and other investigations
Feral cat live trap rentals

Educational programs

Olathe has laws in place to protect animals and residents.  View all Animal Control Ordinances.
  • It is unlawful to allow an animal to "run at large".
  • It is unlawful for any person to own, keep, or harbor a dog or cat older than six months without proper licensing.
  • All outdoor dogs and cats must wear a license tag, except for those kept in a cage or covered dog run.
  • A special use permit is needed for persons, residential premises, or households with more than a combined total of four animals older than four months of age.
  • All female animals in heat must be confined in a building in a manner that the animal cannot come into contact with a male animal except for planned breeding.


(Directly behind the Olathe Police Department)

Contact Information

Animal Shelter Phone: 913-971-6362
Animal Control Services: 913-782-0720


Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed for lunch 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays and holidays

Lost and Found

Our automated lost and found system helps reunite pets with their rightful owners.  Visit Pet Harbor to register your lost pet or report a found animal.  You can also ask to receive emails when a certain breed enters the shelter.

PetConnect also helps owners reunite with a lost pet.

Wildlife Concerns

Contact Olathe Animal Control for wildlife concerns.  Nuisance Wildlife Management issues are referred to the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks  Select NADC Permit Holders - Region 2 to access a list of wildlife damage control service providers or call 913-422-1314 for additional information.

Review the Nuisance Wildlife Policy.

Review and complete a Nuisance Wildlife Permit.