Councilmember Larry Campbell was elected in April 2007, re-elected in April 2011, and again in April 2015 to represent Ward 1.
- Larry previously served on the Olathe City Council as the Ward 1 representative from 1991-1995 and as Mayor from 1995-2001.
- Larry's professional background is in banking, with over 35 years of experience.
- He is a graduate of Southern Nazarene University and completed his master's degree in business management at MidAmerica Nazarene University.
- He has also recently completed course work on a doctor of management in organizational leadership.
- Larry is president and CEO of several businesses and teaches business courses at Baker University.
- Kansas State House of Representatives
Goals for Olathe
- Improve traffic flow and infrastructure.
- Complete the quiet zone efforts throughout all Olathe.
- Increase citizen involvement and access to local government.
- Enhance and support safe neighborhoods and sound public safety.
- Improve quality of life amenities for all Olathe citizens.
- Reduce the tax burden on residential home owners.
- Minimize increases in water and sewer rates.