Emergency Management is a system that helps protect life and property from the effects of disasters with programs to lessen, prepare, respond and recover from the effects of all hazards. The Olathe Fire Chief is the emergency management director.
Olathe is designated as a StormReady® Community by the National Weather Service.
Emergency Management Services
- Assess hazards in the community
- Maintain the City Emergency Operations Plan
- Guide city staff, schools, and community organizations
- Manage the Outdoor Warning System in Olathe
- Monitor weather and events that may impact Olathe
- Manage the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Get a Weather Radio
- Know the Risks: carbon monoxide, tornados, thunderstorms, floods, winter weather and more.
- Make a Supply Kit
- Make a Plan
Call 913-971-7900 with homeland security and emergency management questions.