The City of Olathe offers a variety of programs to assist Olathe residents who meet program requirements.
Deferred Loan Program
- Income eligible homeowners who need to make major repairs to their home can apply for an interest-free, zero percent deferred loan.
- Monthly payments are not required on a deferred loan.
- The loan is deferred until the property is sold, the title transfers, or the property-use changes from a primary residence to rental property.
- Loan Limit per Property is defined in the Deferred Loan Policies and Procedures.
- Deferred Loan Policies and Procedures
Emergency Repair Program
- Income eligible homeowners can apply for repairs that would pose a threat to their health and safety, if left undone. Examples include a collapsed sewer, damaged roof or furnace.
- Exterior maintenance issues cited through the Community Enhancement, can be repaired through this program.
- Emergency Repair Policies and Procedures
Accessibility Modification Program
- Income eligible homeowners with physical limitations can apply for a grant to remove structural barriers from their home.
- Accessibility Modification Policies and Procedures (PDF: Housing PDF/Accessibility_Modification_Policies_Procedures.pdf)
Snow Removal Assistance
Volunteers provide snow removal for elderly and disabled residents within 24 to 48 hours after snow accumulates two inches or more. Learn more at Snow Removal Assistance.
Spring Projects Assistance
Volunteers provide repairs or clean-up such as painting, cleaning gutters, or raking leaves for elderly or disabled residents. Learn more at Spring Projects Assistance.
Products for Reuse
Reusable products are collected through the City Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program and offered to all Johnson County residents free of charge. Learn more at Products for ReUse.
Olathe Housing and Transportation Services
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Contact Housing Rehabilitation Programs at OlatheConnect.