Requests for accommodations, interpretation or translation services are required 24 hours in advance.
The Olathe Housing Authority owns and manages conventional public housing units subsidized by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
- Sixty-six apartments are located in Parkview Manor, a four-story high-rise in downtown Olathe.
- Tenants pay 30 percent of their adjusted gross income or flat-rate rent.
- Tenants do not pay utilities.
- Sixty-four single-family and duplex units are scattered throughout Olathe.
- Tenants pay 30 percent of their adjusted gross income or a flat-rate based on bedroom size.
- Meets program guidelines for family income
- Meets program guidelines for household composition including families, single individuals, elderly, and/or a person with a disability
- Holds U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Meets criminal background check requirements
- Holds a good standing status with other housing authorities, landlords, utility companies, and child support agencies
Housing Authority Responsibilities
- Maintain and update applicant files on the waiting list
- Issue units to program eligible families
- Recertify families for rental assistance on an annual basis
- Inspect public housing units prior to lease-up, annually, or upon request
- Maintain and upgrade properties
- Monitor files to insure program compliance
- Comply with terms of the program and the lease
- Report changes in income or family composition to the Olathe Housing Authority (OHA):
- Report income changes, by appointment, within a month
- Report family composition changes, by appointment, within ten days
- Allow OHA to conduct inspections, with proper notice
- Allow access to make repairs, with proper notice
- Notify the OHA, in writing, of the intent to move
- Families are allowed to have one pet, dog or cat.
- Pets are subject to size limits, weight limits and other policy regulations.
- Companion or service animals are allowed in all public housing units. Exceptions to size and weight limits apply.
- Pets must be licensed.
- Pets must be up-to-date on all annual shots.
- Tenants are allowed to have birds and small fish tanks without a pet deposit.
Pets Not Allowed
- Dangerous or venomous reptiles
- Non-domestic animals
- Vicious animals
Olathe Housing Authority (OHA)
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe KS 66051-0768
913-971-6277 – Fax
Contact the Olathe Housing Authority at OlatheConnect.