The Olathe Housing Authority owns and manages conventional public housing units subsidized by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
- Sixty-six apartments are located in Parkview Manor, a four-story high-rise in downtown Olathe.
- Tenants pay 30 percent of their adjusted gross income or flat-rate rent.
- Tenants do not pay utilities.
- Sixty-four single-family and duplex units are scattered throughout Olathe.
- Tenants pay 30 percent of their adjusted gross income or a flat-rate based on bedroom size.
- Meets program guidelines for family income
- Meets program guidelines for household composition including families, single individuals, elderly, and/or a person with a disability
- Holds U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Meets criminal background check requirements
- Holds a good standing status with other housing authorities, landlords, utility companies, and child support agencies
Housing Authority Responsibilities
- Maintain and update applicant files on the waiting list
- Issue units to program eligible families
- Recertify families for rental assistance on an annual basis
- Inspect public housing units prior to lease-up, annually, or upon request
- Maintain and upgrade properties
- Monitor files to insure program compliance
- Comply with terms of the program and the lease
- Report changes in income or family composition to the Olathe Housing Authority (OHA):
- Report income changes, by appointment, within a month
- Report family composition changes, by appointment, within ten days
- Allow OHA to conduct inspections, with proper notice
- Allow access to make repairs, with proper notice
- Notify the OHA, in writing, of the intent to move
- Families are allowed to have one pet, dog or cat.
- Pets are subject to size limits, weight limits and other policy regulations.
- Companion or service animals are allowed in all public housing units. Exceptions to size and weight limits apply.
- Pets must be licensed.
- Pets must be up-to-date on all annual shots.
- Tenants are allowed to have birds and small fish tanks without a pet deposit.
Pets Not Allowed
- Dangerous or venomous reptiles
- Non-domestic animals
- Vicious animals
Olathe Housing Authority (OHA)
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe KS 66051-0768
913-971-6277 – Fax
Contact the Olathe Housing Authority at OlatheConnect.