As technology constantly advances, it becomes an integral part of the City of Olathe's operations. The Information Technology (IT) department partners with all city departments in the creation and implementation of innovative solutions and services to become safer, more efficient and connected to our community.
Olathe's IT team members have a variety of technical skills and experience to provide a high level of service for City needs.
The City's technology strategies are:
- Focus on the City’s Foundation and Security
- Focus on Public Safety & Health
- Digitally Connect to Our Community
- Data Integration & Reporting
Current IT Projects
- E-Chat - (Winter 2017) Gives citizens the ability to chat online with customer service representatives to give them more options to contact the City’s Customer Service department.
- School Beacon Upgrade – (Winter 2017) Upgrading the school zone notification signs for 34 elementary schools, 10 Middle Schools, Kansas State School of the Deaf, 3 school districts (Olathe/Blue Valley/Spring Hill).
- Transportation Services (Taxi) – (Winter 2017) Provides qualified residents an electronic coupon card to replace paper coupons.
- Citizen Security Awareness Program – (Winter 2017) Develop a class focused on informing and educating teens, parents and adults in our community regarding social media, email fraud and identify theft.
- Fire Trucks – (Winter 2017) Partnered with the fire department to install new technologies in the trucks to make sure fire crews get emergency data in real time.
- Permitting – (Early 2018) Streamlines the processes for citizens and community developers to apply for and manage permit applications.