320 E. Poplar Street
The park is surrounded by East Spruce Street to the north and East Poplar Street to the south, between North Chestnut Street to the west and North Woodland Road to the east.
Condition for use is first come, first served.
View the Park Shelter Guide or call 913-971-8563 for additional information.
- Two tables with seating for 16
- Charcoal grill
- Water fountain
Additional Park Amenities
- Accessible playground
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Swimming pool
Travelers heading west from 1812 to 1857 used this park as a campsite long before Olathe was founded.
During the Civil War, this location was a popular campground for Union soldiers. It has also been the site of a grist mill, general store, creamery and ice house. It was also a privately owned pond where citizens could fish, swim and ice skate.
The swimming pool was built under the Works Progress Administration (WPA). A parking lot and tennis courts were added north of the pool.
The name was changed from City Park to Mill Creek Park in a City contest to rename the park. The four acre park is the City's oldest neighborhood park. Dedicated in 1935, Mill Creek Park serves the downtown area.