Olathe operates a clean, modern animal shelter with many animals offered for adoption.
Animal Control Services
Educate pet owners:
- It is unlawful to allow an animal to "run at large" in Olathe.
- It is unlawful to keep a dog or a cat six months old and older without proper licensing.
- Outdoor dogs and cats must wear a license tag. Exceptions apply for those kept in a cage or covered dog run.
- A Special Use Permit is required for persons, residential premises, or households with more than a combined total of four animals four months old and older.
- Female animals in heat must be confined in a manner that prevents contact with a male animal. Exceptions apply for planned breeding.
Enforce the Olathe Municipal Code Title 8 - Animals
- Investigate animal bites, cruelty to animals, etc.
- License pets
- Offer animal adoption
- Protect animals and city residents
- Reunite pets with their owners:
Register a lost pet or report a found animal.
Request notification when a certain breed enters the Olathe Animal Shelter.
- Animal License and Fees
- Donate to the Olathe Animal Shelter
- Nuisance Wildlife Policy
- Pick Up After Your Pet