College students can participate in a volunteer college-credited internship program with the Olathe Police Department (OPD) during fall, spring and summer semesters.
Internship opportunities are posted at Part-Time and Seasonal Job Opportunities as they become available.
Internship Posting Schedule
- Fall Internship is posted in February.
- Spring Internship is posted in August.
- Summer Internship is posted in January.
- Complete an assigned OPD project.
- Experience numerous areas of service within the OPD.
- Participate in police ride-a-long opportunities.
- Be eighteen years of age or older.
- Hold U.S. Citizenship.
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Earning college credits through the internship.
- Comply with OPD rules and regulations.
- Pass the interview, polygraph examination and background checks.
- Sign liability waivers.
Contact the Internship Coordinator at OlatheConnect or call 913-971-6302 for additional information.