Google fiber and U-Verse with AT&T GigaPower are currently installing infrastructure throughout the City of Olathe.
Expect the following during construction:
- Lane closures will occur on occasion as contractors work along residential streets.
- Contractors may need to access properties with utility poles or underground equipment on your property.
- Digging in numerous utility easement and right-of-way areas will be necessary to install the fiber network within your neighborhood
Utility easement and right-of-way are areas that utility service providers have the legal right to use for construction and maintenance of infrastructure.
Front-yard easements (typically 10 feet wide) can be located adjacent to right-of-way areas (typically 11 feet wide.)
Back-yard and side-yard easements (typically 10 to 20 feet wide) are frequently located along property boundaries,
- Construction work in your neighborhood should not disrupt your utility services.
- Contact your utility provider immediately if you notice disruption in service.
- Questions or concerns about construction can be directed to:
- Google fiber construction at 877-454-6959.
- U-verse with AT&T GigaPower construction at 913-676-1801.
The City of Olathe works with service providers to ensure City ordinances are followed.
Visit Google fiber for more information about Google Fiber, including a map to track status in Olathe.
Call Google fiber Customer Service at 866-777-7550.
Stay informed with news from the Google fiber Team at the Google fiber Official Blog
Visit U-verse with AT&T GigaPower for more information about U-verse with AT&T GigaPower service.
Call U-verse with AT&T GigaPower Customer Service at 913-676-1801.