Living History activities such as stagecoach rides and visiting the Mahaffie House are offered ONLY during Special Events November-March. The Heritage Center is open Wednesday-Sunday to view exhibits and videos through the end of December. Mahaffie is closed Mondays, Tuesdays and most major holidays.
- Admission Wednesday-Sunday is $3/adults, $2/children ages 5-11 (Olathe residents receive $1 off admission with proof of residency). Hours are 10am-4pm Wednesday-Saturday, 12pm-4pm Sunday through December 31.Mahaffie will be closed December 25 & 26 and January 1 & 2
- Exhibits in the Heritage Center include I Knew It Was a Fine Country, hand's on children's kiosks and the Olathe Historical Society
- Videos are available about the Mahaffie family, Border War Voices and the City Beautiful Series in the Olathe Historical Society gallery
- The grounds are open to visit and interpretive signs are in front of the buildings
- Beginning January 3 to March 31, the Heritage Center and Mahaffie House will be open Weekends only, Saturdays 10am to 4pm, Sundays 12pm to 4pm
- Mahaffie Site Map
- Mahaffie is pleased to announce the start of construction of the new Mahaffie Livestock Barn
- Download Photography Policy
Please park in the parking lot of the Heritage Center to begin your visit. After viewing the video and exhibit, take your short walk to the grounds of the Mahaffie Farm. Attend one of our special events.