This edition of Mahaffie eNews
Chamber Coffee in Heritage Center April 11
The Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Foundation and the Olathe Historical Society will host the Olathe Chamber of Commerce Thursday Coffee in the Heritage Center Thursday April 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The Foundation will kick off excitement for the annual Sunflower Wickets Croquet Tournament Friday June 7. Thank you to Regency Coffee for providing the coffee. If parking is full near the Heritage Center please park at the parking lot of the Mahaffie Home.
Spring Cemetery Tours April 21
Tickets are available for the popular annual Spring Cemetery Tours. Mahaffie Staff will lead tours of the historic Olathe Memorial Cemetery, established in 1865 and located at 738 N. Chestnut St. exploring the symbols, historical figures and landscapes of the cemetery.
- Tours leave at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- The tours meet at Northview Elementary School, 905 N. Walker.
- The tour will require long periods of walking and refreshments will be provided.
- Tickets are $3/adults and $2/children ages 5-11. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm at (913) 971-5111 or in person 1200 Kansas City Rd., Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
- A minimum of 10 per tour will be required
Home School Day April 25
Kindergarten through second grades will be enjoying the Growing Up Victorian program: activities may include
- Churn butter
- Saw wood
- Stagecoach ride
- Registration required.
Third grade and up will be enjoying the JB Mahaffie Had a Farm Program
- Draft power, watching the blacksmith, doing real farm chores and a stagecoach ride.
- Registration required.
- Planting activities will be featured during the April Home School Day.
- Cost is $5/Home School student and accompanying adults are free.
This program is for Brownie Girl Scouts only
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Brownie Girl Scouts may learn how to hand sew buttons, make a Mug Rug, and make a journal.
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Lunch (please bring your own lunch)
- 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., activities may be stagecoach rides, playing 19th century games, farm chores and laundry.
- Cost is $10/Brownie Girl Scout for the full day program, $6/Brownie Girl Scout for a half day program (either morning or afternoon) and accompanying adults are free. Cost of the program includes a special Mahaffie patch only offered during this program.
- Registration required and payment is due the day of the program. Each day is limited to 80 Brownie Girl Scouts.
- Please arrive between 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to pay admission at the Heritage Center the day of your program
For more information about the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm, visit mahaffie.org
Follow Mahaffie on Facebook for timely updates.
Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm
1200 Kansas City Rd; Olathe, KS 66061
Open Wednesday thru Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
Learn More About the City of Olathe on Twitter, Facebook, or the Olathe Newsroom.
Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic SiteUnsubscribe
1200 Kansas City Rd.
Olathe, KS 66061
(913) 971-5111 | mahaffie.org