Wild West Days is Saturday September 27 and Sunday September 28, 2014
Enjoy this great feature about the Whip Guy
Wild West Days is Saturday September 27 10am to 4pm and Sunday September 28 11am to 4pm. Enjoy lots of hands on activities for the whole family! Wild West Days would not be possible without our sponsors or the many volunteers who contribute their time and talents to this unique event.
New this year at Wild West Days
- Buffalo Bill will serve as the Master of Ceremonies for the weekend. New Family Friendly Admission! Cost is $5/person ages 5 and up or a special family rate of five people for $20
- Keep in mind the stagecoaches will be not be 'robbed' this year. Our outlaws may be in other areas on the grounds of Mahaffie such as the Children's Area and other places. We plan on staging more elaborate stagecoach robberies with our performers for the visitors.
- Try your hand at driving a team of miniature horses! Rocking M Ranch near Leavenworth will be in the arena Saturday and Sunday. No prior horse experience needed as all levels are welcome!
- Weather Statement: We plan on hosting Wild West Days rain or shine. This is an outdoor event so please dress for changing weather conditions. Our farm has no paved pathways and when rain is forecast the ground conditions can be muddy. We welcome all but would like to remind visitors to wear boots and/or sturdy shoes to enjoy the entertainment. Please check our website or Facebook page for anouncements and any adjustments to the scheduled activities.
411 for Wild West Days!
- Admission is $5/person ages 5 & up or 5 tickets for $20!
- Admission includes: live entertainment, encampments, roping, games, visiting the Mahaffie House, a stagecoach ride and more!
- Activities such as branding, gold panning, leather stamping, air gun shooting gallery and making an 'S' hook in the blacksmith shop require activity tickets that can be purchased at the Children's Mercantile. Activity tickets are non refundable.
- Park at Olathe North High School, 600 E Prairie Street, Olathe, KS where a free shuttle bus brings you to the Heritage Center
- Saturday September 27 is Smithsonian Museum Day and museums are offering free admission, excluding special events and exhibitions. Wild West is our biggest special event of the year so we are honoring free admission at a different time.
- For the safety of your pets, please no pets at Wild West Days, service animals are permitted
- Wild West Days is rain or shine event. Please dress for weather and ground conditions. Grounds are handicapped accessible, however, we have gravel pathways and grass, not paved walkways. Boots and closed toe shoes are recommended.
- Food available for purchase
- Thank you to our 2014 Sponsors: Olathe Chamber of Commerce Convention and Visitors Bureau, Olathe Ford, Santa Fe Trail Rotary Club, Olathe Noon Optimists, Zoomin' Market
- The Wicked Liars (Fire Eating and Magic
- Gunsmoke & Petticoats (Wild West Skits)
- The Whip Guy and the Whip Crackin' Dare Devils
- Stagecoach Robberies by the Reflections of History, the stagecoaches will not be 'robbed' this year as more elaborate stagecoach skits will take place on the grounds this year. Please be aware of the 'outlaws' while visiting other activities.
- Chuckwagon Cook Off (Saturday Only)
- Rose Marie's Fiesta Mexicana Dancers (Sunday Only)
- Lots of hands on activities such as branding ($), gold panning ($), leather stamping ($), air gun shooting gallery ($), rubberband gun gallery ($), driving a miniature team of horses by Rocking M Miniatrues ($), ($) indicates some activities charge an extra fee)