Stay informed on our latest news!
City of Olathe Recovery
Welcome to www.olatheks.org/recovery, a website designed to inform Olathe residents about funds received by the City of Olathe from the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA). The ARRA was signed into law on February 17, 2009 and designates new or additional federal funding for a wide array of programs which will benefit Olathe residents. This site will include information about Federal grant awards to the City of Olathe under the ARRA. In an effort to promote transparency under the ARRA, this site is designed to provide data on what money we have been awarded under the ARRA and how we will use the money we have been awarded.
As we continue to receive information about new funding awards and opportunities, this website will be updated to reflect the dollars the City of Olathe has received. Residents and non-residents alike can access updated information about how we are utilizing our ARRA awards. This website also provides links to county, state, and federal websites to provide easy access to information regarding the use of ARRA funds in Olathe at all levels of government.
The City of Olathe continuously strives to set the standard for excellence in public service. Each award we receive under the ARRA will help us plan for and provide public services to enhance the quality of life for our community. This website provides another way for Olathe residents to be informed about the actions of their government. We sincerely appreciate your time in visiting this website and staying informed on our progress to obtain and utilize ARRA funds.
J. Michael Wilkes
Olathe ARRA Award News & Updates
Olathe has been awarded $8,105,023 in ARRA funds to date for the following projects:
- Public Works Department awarded $3,500,000 for expansion of 127th Street from Mur-Len Road to BlackBob Road
- City receives $1,105,400 for implementation of a wide variety of energy efficient technology upgrades and outreach initiatives to citizens and neighboring jurisdictions
- Parks & Recreation Department awarded $867,000 for construction of a portion of the South Indian Creek Trail
- Police Department awarded $295,395 for purchase of equipment for its 700 MHz radio system and $71,833 for replacement of crime fighting equipment
- Housing Authority awarded $219,026 to upgrade existing facilities
- Housing Services Division of the Development Services Department awarded $1,889,369 for purchase of abandoned and foreclosed homes and $117,000 for replacement of outdated bootleg sewers
- Municipal Services Department awarded principal forgiveness of $40,000 to install new filters at Water Treatment Plant #2.
Olathe ARRA Awards by Category