The Olathe Citizens Police Academy runs September through November and meets every Thursday night from 6:30 to 10 p.m. for nine weeks.
This program is not an accredited certification course to become a sworn police officer.
Applications will be accepted beginning June 30, 2017 through the close of business July 28, 2017.
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have never been convicted of a felony crime
- Be a resident in Olathe or own/manage a business in Olathe
- Make a commitment to attend the Academy
- Submit to a criminal history background check
The nine-week, fast-paced academy includes:
- Classroom time
- Hands on displays
- Ride-along with a police officer
Citizens will interact with personnel in numerous police assignments including:
- Tactical Support Unit
- Canine Unit
- Traffic Unit
The Citizens Police Academy is sponsored by:
- Olathe Police Department
- Citizens Police Advisory Council (CPAC)