Call 913-971-7900 for information about cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
You can make a difference by learning more about CPR. Providing effective bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim's chance of survival.
Olathe's five CPR FREEways help make a difference when someone needs it most:
FREEway 1: Web
Online learning. No cost.
- Read the Be a Lifesaver flyer and email it to your friends, family, and co-workers.
- Print off the flyer and post it at home, work, and school.
- Post a link to this web page on your Facebook wall.
- Post the Be a Lifesaver on your Facebook wall and "share" it with your family and friends.
FREEway 2: Hands-OnlyTM CPR
Online learning. No cost.
Visit HandsOnlyCPR.org to learn this easy, two-step lifesaving skill from your phone or computer.
FREEway 3: Heartsaver/AED®
Hands-on learning. No course delivery cost. Student workbook is required.
Heartsaver CPR/AED is taught by AHA certified instructors with techniques to help save adult, infant, and child victims of cardiac or respiratory arrest. It covers one-person techniques in CPR, use of automatic external defibrillator (AED), rescue breathing, and treatment of a choking victim. With successful completion of the course, participants receive a HeartSaver CPR/AED® card.
- Open to all who live or work in Olathe.
- Held at Fire Administration, 1225 S. Hamilton Circle
- Held on the third Thursday of every month with an alternate daytime or evening class schedule.
- Odd-numbered months are scheduled from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Even-numbered months are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Participants need to purchase the Heartsaver CPR AED® Student Workbook
- Class sizes are limited. Call 913-971-7900 to register.
FREEway 4: Community CPR
Hands-on learning. No cost.
- The Community CPR program for Olathe residents uses Family & Friends® CPR Anytime®, an all-in-one, personal training kit that makes learning the core skills of CPR easy, convenient, affordable and fun for the whole family.
- CPR Anytime® uses the proven Practice-While-Watching method that helps improve learning and retention.
- Family and friends use their own kits to share training with their loved ones and refresh skills as often as needed.
- Participants are expected to share their new lifesaving knowledge with 10 family or friends after course completion.
- Call 913-971-7900 to request a Community CPR kit.
FREEway 5: Special Delivery
- If you have a hardship or feel that a traditional classroom setting limits your ability to learn, call 913-971-7900 to discuss an individualized learning plan.
- You can also read Be a Lifesaver.