Sculpture exhibits are provided for the Olathe community with an annual budget of $15,000 to cover costs for the juror, stipends for the artists, printed materials, and signage.
Visit the Sculpture Exhibit Sites to enjoy an interactive self-guided tour illustrating images and locations for each sculpture in the exhibit.
Brochures are also available at Olathe City Hall, 100 E. Santa Fe Street.
Community Sculpture Exhibit
Sculptures are purchased and displayed throughout the Olathe community.
Downtown Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit
Sculptures are selected and displayed throughout the downtown area of Olathe for a period of one year.
The sculptures are on loan for a stipend amount from artists throughout the country.
Downtown Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit Juror
The current Downtown Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit was juried by Charlotte Matthews.
- Charlotte Matthews currently serves as Director of Healing Arts and Special Events at Truman Medical Center (TMC). TMC’s visual arts program presents a variety of artwork by local, national, and international artists in a unique setting. The program simultaneously seeks to educate a diverse audience and create a soothing environment of care for patients, visitors, and employees.
- Prior to working at TMC, Charlotte managed the Byron Cohen Gallery for several years before becoming a partner as the gallery expanded into an online business. Charlotte holds a Master of Arts degree in Museum Studies from KU and a Bachelor of Fine Arts Double Major in Illustration/Design and Art History from the Kansas City Art Institute.
- Charlotte has completed a Certificate in Fine Art Appraisal & Connoisseurship from Northwestern University and is working toward membership with the American Society of Appraisers. She has received educational funding through Mid-America Arts Alliance and has consulted for Snapshot Gallery, Plenum Space Gallery, and the Lied Center for the Performing Arts.
- She is a member of Philanthropic Educational Organization, American Alliance of Museums, National Society of Collegiate Scholars and has served as President of Arts Alive.
- Currently, she sits on the City of Olathe Public Art Master Plan Committee. As a working artist, Charlotte accepts commissions for graphic design work, painting, and illustration projects.
Call 913-971-8563 for additional information.