Day Out with Frank and Ella: Trails
- Date: 06/05/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are invited to learn about what is was like growing up in the 1870s. The theme is Trails!
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. Visitors of all ages are welcome to learn what it was like growing up on the Mahaffie farm in the 1870s. The theme is Hit the Trail!
- Pan for gold and learn about the California Trail
- Learn about outdoor cooking on the Oregon Trail
- Help crack a whip to learn about trade on the Santa Fe Trail
- See what is cooking on the cookstove
- Visit the blacksmith at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Visit the Mahaffie House
- Explore exhibits in the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn and the Heritage Center
Cost is $5/youth and includes a stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.