Day Out with Frank and Ella-Independence Day: 1860s Style
- Date: 07/03/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are invited to learn about what is was like growing up in the 1870s. The theme is Independence Day: 1860s Style
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. A Day Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1870s.
Independence Day: 1860s style activities may include:
- Singing Patriotic Songs
- Signing a copy of the Declaration of Independence
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Cookstove demonstrations
- Visit the Mahaffie House
Cost is $5/youth and includes one stagecoach ride*. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5. Children ages 4 & under are free.
Please note: Fireworks: 1860s Style is Thursday, July 11, not Wednesday, July 3. Some Kansas City calendars have listed July 3 as the evening of our fireworks event. We apologize for any inconvenience.