Independence Day: 1860s Style
- Date: 07/04/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are invited to learn about what is was like growing up in the 1870s. The theme is Independence Day: 1860s Style
Independence Day: 1860s style activities may include:
- Patriotic Music Sing-along at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- A Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 12 p.m. followed by cannon firing.
- A Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 2 p.m. followed by cannon firing. The 2 p.m. reading will be from the Mahaffie youth volunteers.
- Meet Uncle Sam and Lady Columbia
- Make a paper hat and fall in for militia drill.
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Cookstove demonstrations
- Visit the Mahaffie House
Cost is $7/adults, $5/children ages 5-11, children 4 & under are free and includes all activities. Olathe residents receive $2/off admission. Ice cream, root beer, and root beer floats available for purchase. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs and picnics for this all-American celebration!
Fireworks: 1860s Style is Thursday, July 11!
*Weather Alert* If the heat index reaches 105 degrees, stagecoach rides will be replaced with another hands-on horse activity. We want to ensure the safety of our horses. Thank you for understanding.