Family Fun Nights-Fireworks: 1860s Style
Enjoy Independence Day: 1860s Style!
- Date: 07/11/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: We are open late 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursdays in July. A different theme is featured each week. FREE admission, stagecoach rides $3/person.
Visitors of all ages are welcome to bring their picnics, blankets, and chairs to enjoy this all-American celebration! Admission is FREE! (some activities require an extra fee) Other activities may include:
- 6 p.m.: 1860s living history such as visiting the Mahaffie house, Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn, cookstove demonstrations and stagecoach rides*. These activities end at 9 p.m. You must be in line by 8 p.m. to make an 'S' hook and by 8:30 p.m. for stagecoach rides.
- 7 p.m.: Patriotic Parade: Decorate your bicycle, wagon or stroller to show your spirit for the parade on the grounds
- 7:30 p.m.: Concert by the Olathe Civic Band
- 8:30 p.m.: Music by the Gum Springs Serenaders
- 9:20 p.m.: A Reading of the Declaration of Independence followed by a cannon firing
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks: 1860s style!^
- Doc's Root Beer available for purchase (cash only)
- Food available for purchase from Boy Scout Troop 494 (cash only)
- Activities* requiring an extra fee:
- Stagecoach rides, all ages, $3/person ages 3 & up for stagecoach rides
- Making an 'S' Hook in the blacksmith shop, ages 8 & up, $4/hook
- Pie and ice cream
^You must be on the Mahaffie grounds to view these ground based fireworks. These are set display pieces with flares outlining images such as the American Flag. These fireworks are not aerial fireworks. Parking available at the Heritage Center parking lot or the Olathe Community Center across from the Heritage Center.
You are welcome to bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic. Please leave your pets at home due to the fireworks, service animals are welcome.
*Purchase activity tickets in the Heritage Center using cash, check or credit card. Activity tickets are non-refundable but can be used for other Thursday night activities. Each activity ticket is $1.