The Private Life of a Victorian Lady
- Date: 01/23/2018 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Learn more about Womanhood: 1860s Style!
Return to full list >>
In 1868, Lucinda Mahaffie, aged 41, became pregnant with her eighth and final child. Ella Mahaffie was born in 1869 in the farmhouse you can still visit today.
- What was it like to be pregnant in the 19th century?
- How did clothing adjust to fit the changing female figure?
- What medicines were available to deal with other 'female complaints'?
- Get the answers to these and other intimate questions!
- Cost is $5/person and this program recommended for ages eight and up.
- Registration required.