There are more ways than ever to stay updated on City of Olathe news and events.
Olathe begins 20-year strategic planning process: Olathe 2040
How do you imagine Olathe in 2040? How will our neighborhoods, jobs, infrastructure, and technology change?
These are all important questions to consider as the City enters into the 20-year strategic planning process. Over the next several months, the City of Olathe will gather public input to answer these questions, and many more.
The Olathe City Council will guide the strategic plan with significant input from a Strategic Planning Advisory Committee and the public. The plan will consider things like infrastructure, economic vitality, and how Olathe will grow and flourish into the future.
The Strategic Planning Advisory Committee includes:
- Greg Mosley, Farmers Insurance
- John Bennie, Indian Creek Community Church
- Christina Beaird, Harmon Construction
- Barry Sutherland, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. and Olathe Planning Commission
- Dean Vakas, Olathe Planning Commission
- Alan Marston, Loss Prevention & Safety Manager
- Marcia Youker, JE Dunn
- Dustin Avey, Piper Jaffray & Co.
- Anne Oswald, Sir Speedy
- LeEtta Felter, Olathe Public Schools Board of Education
- Brian Geary, Bank of Blue Valley and Olathe Public Schools Board of Education
- Jimmy Gaona, Edward Jones
- Amy Leffert, Garmin
- Mike Jensen, Olathe Health
- Weston Curnow, Olathe Teen Council