There are more ways than ever to stay updated on City of Olathe news and events.
Trash and recycling changes due to COVID-19
Due to CDC recommendations, employee safety, and heightened concern surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus, the following solid waste services will have minor impacts until further notice.
- Residential trash WILL be collected weekly and recycling WILL be collected bi-weekly at the curb. No additional bags of trash or recycling will be collected outside of the cart. Additional trash carts are available for $5 per month.
- Commercial trash and recycling WILL be collected. No additional bags of trash or recycling will be collected outside of the dumpster.
- Bulk waste pick-up and Call and Haul dumpster collection WILL continue.
- Household Hazardous Waste appointments will be honored through the week of March 23. No new appointments will be available.
- The ReUse facility IS CLOSED.
- The Transfer Station and the Compost Facility WILL REMAIN OPEN to the public.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please call Customer Service at 913-971-9311 with any questions or concerns.
Visit JoCoGov.org/Coronavirus for the latest information from Johnson County.