Olathe Teen Council Presents - Student Government Day
Friday, April 13 - 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Application Due Date: Friday, March 30 - 5:00 p.m.
Student Government Day is for students interested in local government/public administration. Students will learn about the various roles and functions of city government. This event also serves as an opportunity to build connections and gain a better understanding of day-to-day operations of the City of Olathe.
Students will meet executive leaders of the City of Olathe and will be able to shadow an employee from one of the City’s departments.
Lunch will be provided, followed by a panel discussion comprised of Olathe’s Executive Team and Senior Management Team.
Contact Shawna Davis (913-971-8673 or email@example.com) with questions.
Must be a High School Student and an Olathe Resident to apply for Student Government Day.
The purpose of the Olathe Teen Council is to:
- Represent the youth of Olathe, Kansas.
- Create an informed group of students who are familiar with municipal issues.
- Develop lasting relationships between students and City leaders.
- Sustain youth presence in a broad range of impact and decision-making areas across the community.
Develop future civic leaders.
Goals of the Teen Council include:
- Educate Olathe teens about how they benefit from city services and operations.
- Make a positive impact in the community through service and partnerships with other organizations.
Opportunities for Teen Council Members include:
- Learn about civic engagement and government and meet community leaders
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of service by attending Teen Council meetings, City Council meetings, School Board meetings, or other leadership opportunities.
- Must be a high school student
- Must be an Olathe resident
Meetings are held at Olathe City Hall
The staff liaison is the management intern, 913-971-8705.
Contact Olathe Teen Council at OlatheConnect or call 913-971-8500 for additional information.