Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are being accepted through May 3, 2019.
The purpose of the Olathe Teen Council is to:
- Represent the youth of Olathe, Kansas.
- Create an informed group of students who are familiar with municipal issues.
- Develop lasting relationships between students and City leaders.
- Sustain youth presence in a broad range of impact and decision-making areas across the community.
Develop future civic leaders.
Goals of the Teen Council include:
- Educate Olathe teens about how they benefit from city services and operations.
- Make a positive impact in the community through service and partnerships with other organizations.
Opportunities for Teen Council Members include:
- Learn about civic engagement and government and meet community leaders
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of service by attending Teen Council meetings, City Council meetings, School Board meetings, or other leadership opportunities.
- Must be a high school student
- Must be an Olathe resident
Meetings are held at Olathe City Hall
The staff liaison is the management intern, 913-971-8705.
Contact Olathe Teen Council at OlatheConnect or call 913-971-8500 for additional information.