The Building Codes Division, within the Olathe Fire Department, administers and enforces building codes and ordinances to provide safeguards for protection.
The City of Olathe transitioned to updated building, fire and property maintenance codes on Sept. 1, 2019.
- 2018 International Building Code - (Ordinance 19-27)
- 2018 International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings - (Ordinance 19-28)
- 2018 International Existing Building Code - (Ordinance 19-29)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code - (Ordinance 19-30)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code - (Ordinance 19-31)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code - (Ordinance 19-32)
- 2017 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70 - (Ordinance 19-33)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code - (Ordinance 19-34)
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code - (Ordinance 19-35)
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code - (Ordinance 19-36)
- 2018 International Fire Code - (Ordinance 19-37)
- 2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities ICC/ANSI A1117.1
- Building Inspections
- Building Permit Information
- Building Permit Monthly Reports
- Online Permitting Process
- Construction Fee Schedule
- Licenses & Permits
- Olathe Municipal Code Title 15 - Buildings and Construction
- Schedule of Fees
Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.