Schedule a Commercial Inspection Online
- Citizen Access Online Permitting Process Review five basic steps in the process.
- Citizen Access Permit Manager Schedule an inspection online.
Building inspections are scheduled Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Commercial Inspections
- Plumbing – Electrical – Mechanical - Underslabs
- Engineered Floor Slabs
- Sewer Service Line from building to main tap. Call 913-971-9311
- Electrical Service – Temporary: Service to construction trailer/site that requires:
- An additional electrical permit
- A separate address. Contact Grady Morrison at 913-971-9063 to get the address
- An additional inspection
- All 125 Volt single phase 15 amp or 20 amp receptacle outlets will have ground fault circuit interrupter protection
- The City will issue approval for the power company to set a meter after the inspection has been approved
- Electrical Service – Permanent
- Above Ceiling Complete Gas Pressure
- Rough-in such as all framing, concealed plumbing, electrical, HVAC
- Final Approval – All inspections have to be approved before a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) or Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) is issued
- Special inspections or third-party inspections are acceptable. Contact Building Inspections with questions about specific, allowable categories
A $100 fee may be assessed if:
- The permit holder fails to have project ready for inspection
- The permit holder fails to correct previously inspected non-compliant items
- The permit holder fails to have address or permit numbers posted
- The permit holder continues with construction activities without inspection approval
- The structure is locked or inaccessible
- The structure is occupied without city authorization
- Inspection requests that have already been approved
- Contractor interference.
Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) Fees
All fees are due before the final inspection can be scheduled.
- The initial TCO fee is $250
- To reinstate a TCO the fee is $500
- All approving departments are required to make a final inspection and approve the project for a Certificate of Occupancy
- Final inspections are scheduled through the Building Codes Division
- The Fire Marshal inspection is a separate inspection
- Please call both departments at 913-971-7900
- The minimum fee for a non-emergency inspection, outside of normal business hours, is $100 per hour
- A two-hour minimum applies
- A minimum of 48-hours’ notice is required for after-hours inspections
Call 913-971-7900 for additional information.