A permit may not be required for
A permit is required when
- Repairing or altering a plumbing or electrical system.
- Replacing a water heater, furnace or air conditioning unit.
- Construction Fee Schedule
- A fee is required to reinstate expired permits.
- A penalty fee applies when work is performed without a permit.
- Permits are valid for 180 days after they are issued.
- Each approved inspection adds 180 days to the permit expiration date.
- Inactive permit applications are voided after 180 days.
- Address-Subdivision Zoning Search
- Building Code Standards
- Code Modification Request
- Johnson County Contractor Licensing.
- Kansas Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Lodging. This site is for projects with food handling and food preparation components.
- Kansas One-Call Call before you dig.
Contact Building Codes staff at 913-971-7900 located at 1225 S. Hamilton