Blasting Permit Process
- If you are storing explosives onsite, get the Explosive Storage Permit Application at the Office of the State Fire Marshal. Your application must be signed by the City of Olathe before submitting it to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Contact the Olathe Fire Department at 913-971-7900 to schedule an inspection of your site.
- After you have an approved inspection from the state and the Olathe Fire Department you may apply for the Blasting Permit.
- Complete the Blast Site Inspection Application and Checklist after you have all the required documentation on the checklist.
- Call 913-971-7900 to schedule an appointment to deliver your inspection application packet along with your permit fees for processing. Permit fees are $200. Checks are payable to the City of Olathe.
- City staff will review your application and schedule an appointment for you to pick up your permit.
Call 913-971-7900 for additional information.