Cross Connection/Backflow Device Permit Process
- Submit a Cross Connection Permit Application for each device installed.
- Permit fees are paid when the application is submitted.
- Checks are payable to the City of Olathe.
- Residential fees are $35 per device.
- Commercial fees are $50 per device.
- Your permit number and address will be recorded on a City of Olathe test report and a red permit application copy and a plastic hang bag will be included.
- Only the City of Olathe test report, red permit application copy and hang bag will be accepted at the time of inspection. Water District # 1 forms are not accepted unless the address is in their service area.
- Your permit will be returned to you by mail unless you make a request to pick up it up at our office.
- Call 913-971-7900 if you have questions about the permit.
Cross Connection/Backflow Device Initial Test and Inspection
- Complete a "backflow device test report" with the certified tester’s signature.
- Place the white copy - of the backflow device test report - and the red permit application copy in the plastic hang bag.
- Place the hang bag on the device, and call 913-971-7900 to request an inspection.
- If the backflow is being replaced, complete the paper test report plus log into: https://olathe.tokaytest.com to update the backflow information and enter the test results.
- The inspector will pick up the completed test report (white copy) at the inspection.
- New cross connection installations should not be mailed to the Cross Connection Control Program. These need to be collected by the inspector at the inspection.
- Permits will remain in active status until an inspection is completed.
- A certificate of occupancy cannot be issued until the permit is closed.
- Call 913-971-7900 if you have questions about the initial test and inspection.
Cross Connection Annual Testing/Reporting
- Annual tests are required for the cross connection/backflow device.
- The property owner will receive a reminder letter from the City each year.
- Call 913-971-9055 if you have questions about annual testing/reporting.
New Water Service
This service is for existing buildings with a backflow and water connection.
- Submit a Cross Connection Permit Application and plot plan for each device installed.
- Permit fees are calculated and paid when the application is submitted.