The Olathe Fire Department has an online process for all 2020 hazardous materials (HAZMAT) permits. An operational permit is required to store, transport on site, dispense, use or handle certain amounts of hazardous materials. Use the HAZMAT Requiring Annual Permits Guide to determine if you need a permit.
If you need a permit:
- Review the HAZMAT online application procedures guide
- Download the required HAZMAT Chemical List Template (view a sample completed chemical list)
- View the HAZMAT Location Plan Requirements Sample
- Start an online HAZMAT permit application. Instructions are available under the "Help" menu of the permit application site.
Fees and Deadlines:
- HAZMAT permits expire on December 31 of each year and must be renewed annually.
- New permit or renewal fee: $100.
- Additional fees may be assessed for renewal applications submitted after December 31.
Contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 913-971-7900 for more information.