Individual Trade Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Individual Trade Permit Requirements

The Individual Trade Permit is issued when the property owner is doing the work such as:

  • Mechanical: Repairs to or replacement/addition to a mechanical system such as a furnace or AC.
  • Electrical: Repairs to or replacement/addition to an electrical system such as upgrading service size.
  • Plumbing: Repairs to or replacement/addition to a plumbing system such as a new gas line, water heater repair or replacement.
  • Electrical, Plumbing or Gas: Reconnect when service is dormant for more than 30 days.
  • Solar Energy: Add or repair a system.
  • New water service, chlorination tap, and hydrostatic test.

Electrical – Mechanical – Plumbing Permit Process

Solar Construction Permit Process

  • Submit an Individual Trade Permit Application.
  • Submit a plan drawing - for residential projects - which includes:
    1. Structural mounting.
    2. Location of solar panels.
    3. Electrical plan.
  • Commercial permits will require a plan with the seal of a registered architect or engineer.
  • Permit Fees are due when the permit is issued. Checks are payable to the City of Olathe.

New Water Service Permit Process

For existing structures the Water connection fee is now processed as part of the Individual trade permit application.

Utility Reconnection Permit Process (Electrical – Mechanical – Plumbing)

For a utility (source of energy, fuel or power) that has been dormant for more than 30 days.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer