Interior Remodel - Basement Finish Permit Process
- Submit a Residential Building Permit Application.
- Submit a plan drawing, showing the remodel room sizes and uses, doors and windows, and room uses of adjoining/existing rooms.
- Refer to Basement Finishing and Remodeling Code Guidelines for specific plan requirements.
- Submit a Homeowner Installation Notarized Statement. This process applies if the homeowner is doing the work.
- The Residential Plan Review and Permit Fee is paid when the residential building permit is issued.
- Checks are payable to the City of Olathe.
Call 913-971-7900 for additional information.