Room Addition – Attached Garage Permit Process
- Submit a Residential Building Permit Application.
- Submit a sealed site plan showing the addition location, dimensions, and setbacks from rear and side property lines.
- Submit a plan drawing, showing the addition, room sizes and uses, doors and windows, and room uses of the adjoining/existing building or house.
- Submit a section detail, showing the foundation-floor-wall-roof construction with dimensions.
- Submit a Homeowner Installation Notarized Statement. This process applies if the homeowner is doing the work.
- The Residential Plan Review and Permit Fee is paid when the residential building permit is issued.
- Checks are payable to the City of Olathe.
Call 913-971-7900 for additional information.