False alarms call police officers and firefighters out of service for emergency incidents when they find no evidence of criminal activity.
Register your alarm to ensure you are in compliance with City requirements designed to reduce false alarm calls for service.
- Residents, businesses and alarm companies must renew their alarms annually.
- False Alarm Fines and Fees -- Olathe Municipal Code, Chapter 5.56
- The first false alarm is waived, per year.
New Renewal Dates in 2019
Beginning Jan. 1, 2019, alarm renewal dates will change to alarm users' original registration month.
The renewal process will remain the same: Renewal notices will arrive in the mail at least 30 days before the renewal is due, complete it online or follow the letter’s instructions for paper registration.
Registration and Renewal
Residential and Business
- Online Registration/Renewal offers several convenient features:
- Update contact information.
- Renew annual alarm registration.
- Review online account history for alarm activity and registration status.
- Attend Alarm User Awareness School directly from the online account.
- Experience 24/7 availability.
- Receive correspondence via email.
- Mail – Fax – Deliver Alarm Company Registration/Renewal
Alarm User Awareness Class
- Waive one false alarm fine per calendar year.
- Participate free once per calendar year.
- Sign into the account for online participation.
- Contact Security Alarm System at OlatheConnect or call 913-971-8530 to request a printed version.