Tort Claim

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A Tort Claim can be submitted for some types of property damages or personal injuries, enacted by the Kansas Tort Claims Act, K.S.A. 12-105-b.

The City has provided an online process to file a written notice with the City Clerk’s Office.

  • Submit the Tort Claim (Damage Claim).
  • A claimant may not take legal action within 120 days after filing the notice of claim.
  • If the City denies the claim and provides notice within 120 days after receipt of the claimant’s written notice, the claimant may take legal action.

Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 913-971-8521 for additional information.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer