The City Council has established City Council Policy CC-3: Time Allocations for Speakers at Public Meetings of the Olathe City Council to ensure fair and efficient meetings:
- A Speaker List is maintained by the City Clerk's Office and posted one-half hour prior to the meeting. Request a place on the list with one of the following:
- Sign the list posted near the Council Chamber at City Hall, 100 E. Santa Fe Street, Olathe KS 66061
- Call 913-971-8521 by 4 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Fax a request to 913-971-8525 by noon the day of the meeting.
- Mail a written request to: City Clerk's Office, P.O. Box 768, Olathe KS 66051-0768
- Speakers are called in the order they appear on the list for each topic, to speak for a maximum of five minutes. The Council may, by formal motion, increase the amount of time.
- Persons unable to place their name on the list are allowed to address the Council after they are recognized by the Mayor.