Councilmember Karin Brownlee is serving her first term on the City Council after being elected to an at-large seat in 2017.
- Karin is a lifelong Olathean.
- She graduated from Kansas State University with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology.
- She is involved with many Olathe organizations including the Olathe Chamber of Commerce, Olathe Noon Rotary and Boys & Girls Club Advisory Board.
- She is a past member of the Mahaffie Farmstead Advisory Board and the Mahaffie Stagecoach and Farm Foundation Board.
- Karin and her husband Doug have four grown children and 14 grandchildren.
- 14 years in the Kansas Senate
- Secretary of the Kansas Department of Labor