Language services are provided at no charge when they are needed for interaction with the City of Olathe.
Non-English Speaking or Limited English Proficient Services
- Interpreters for non-English speaking individuals are provided for interviews, investigations, or appeals with the City of Olathe.
- Many City documents are published in Spanish.
- Documents can also be translated into other languages as needed.
Sign Language Interpreting Services
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting service is available for persons who are deaf.
- Service is available for persons whose first language is English and may have become deaf later in life, or were mainstreamed into a public school setting.
Requests for Language Services
- Make your request for language services at least 48 hours in advance.
- City staff will acknowledge your request for preferences.
- City staff will provide all possible program modifications prior to consideration for structural changes.
The accommodations services portion of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is designed to ensure timely accommodation and communication services for physical, hearing, speech, or visual impairments. The City of Olathe provides reasonable, reliable, timely, qualified and efficient accommodation services.
Contact the City of Olathe Community Relations Manager at 913-971-8827 for additional information.