An independent certified public accounting firm audits the annual financial statements of the City and reports to the Olathe City Council.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) are produced to provide useful information about the City’s operations and financial position.
The CAFR includes:
- A description of the City services, financial, and budgetary controls
- A brief discussion about the City economic condition and outlook
- An independent auditor's report
- Management discussion and analysis
- Government financial statements
- Fund financial statements
- Other financial and general information presented on a multi-year comparative basis
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
Single Audit Report
Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting: 39 consecutive years.