Treasury Management includes the administration of City cash, investments, and debt.
Public Funds Investment Goals
- Preserve capital.
- Provide the highest investment return with maximum security.
- Meet the daily cash flow needs of the City.
- Conform to all state and local statutes.
- Conform to the City Investment and Cash Management Policy.
Debt Management Functions
- Analyze where borrowing funds would be in the best interest of the City.
- Monitor City debt limits.
- Review and analyze outstanding debt obligations.
- Refinance debt for the best advantage to the City.
- Conform to the City Debt Management and Fiscal Policy.
Credit Ratings for the City of Olathe
The City obtains a credit rating for each bond issuance. Bond ratings indicate that issuers (or issues) demonstrate very strong credit worthiness relative to other US municipal or tax exempt issuers (or issues.)
General Obligation Bond RatingsFitch (AA+)
Standard & Poor (AA+)