The Home Ownership Program provides services to help residents become homeowners.
Application for this program is limited to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher participants.
Residents interested in homeownership are encouraged to participate in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program.
Residents purchasing homes through this program may qualify for down payment assistance.
- On-going financial assistance will not be provided.
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher participation will terminate.
Residents who meet program guidelines for elderly and disabled households are exempt from this program.
- Meets program guidelines for a first-time homeowner
- Completes a homeownership workshop approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Provides proof of:
- Annual earned household income sufficient to maintain homeownership
- Full-time employment for the last year by one or more adult members of the family. Working at least 30 hours per week
- Ability to secure a mortgage loan from a lender
- Down payment of at least one percent of the home purchase price from the applicant’s personal funds
- One month of gross income deposited in a savings account
Olathe Housing Authority (OHA)
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe KS 66051-0768
913-971-6277 – Fax
Contact the Olathe Housing Authority at OlatheConnect.