The waiting list is currently closed. The 2019 waiting list application will be available online and at the Housing Office (200 W. Santa Fe St.) beginning Wednesday, May 1, at 8 a.m., and will close Friday, May 10, at 4:30 p.m.
Requests for accommodations, interpretation or translation services are required 24 hours in advance.
The Section 8 Program provides subsidized rental assistance to low-income families, the elderly and the disabled.
- Tenants pay 30 percent of their adjusted gross income.
- The Olathe Housing Authority (OHA) pays the balance.
Program participants rent qualified privately-owned units located within the Olathe community. Families receiving vouchers choose where they want to live, providing the unit meets eligibility requirements and the landlord participates in the program.
The program is funded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Meets program guidelines for family income.
- Meets program guidelines for household composition including families, single individuals, elderly, and/or a person with a disability.
- Holds U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.
- Meets criminal background check requirements.
- Holds a good standing status with other housing authority agencies.
- Meets working preference status.
- Meets elderly status.
- Meets disability status.
Housing Authority Responsibilities
- Maintain and update applicant files on the waiting list.
- Issue vouchers to program eligible families.
- Make Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to participating landlords on behalf of HUD.
- Recertify families for rental assistance on an annual basis.
- Inspect rental units prior to lease-up, biennially, or upon request.
- Monitor files to insure program compliance.
- Comply with the terms of the voucher and the lease with the landlord.
- Report changes in income or family composition to the Olathe Housing Authority (OHA):
- Report income changes, by appointment, within a month.
- Report family composition changes, by appointment, within ten days.
- Allow OHA to conduct inspections, with proper notice.
- Allow landlord access to make repairs, with proper notice.
- Notify the landlord and OHA, in writing, of the intent to move or terminate the voucher.
Olathe Housing Authority (OHA)
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe, KS 66061
913- 971-6277 - Fax
Contact the Olathe Housing Authority at OlatheConnect.