The 2020 waiting list application is available online or at the Housing office (200 W. Santa Fe St.). The application window is open from 8 a.m., July 13, to 4:30 p.m., July 24. Requests for accommodations, interpretation, or translation services are required 24 hours in advance.
Waiting List Position
- The Waiting List is updated on a weekly basis.
- Call 913-562-6380 to check your position on the waiting list.
Wait List Time Estimate
- Two to five years, with preference eligibility.
- Meets working preference status.
- Meets elderly status.
- Meets disability status.
- Meets Olathe residency status.
- Meets program guidelines for family income.
- Meets program guidelines for household composition including families, single individuals, elderly, and/or a person with a disability.
- Holds U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.
- Meets criminal background check requirements.
- Holds a good standing status with other housing authority agencies.
Your responsibilities to maintain your place on the OHA Waiting List
- Report changes to physical or mailing address
- Report changes in income or family composition to the Olathe Housing Authority (OHA):
- Report income changes
- Report family composition changes
- Request for a reasonable accommodation related to disability must be made in advance of the deadline.
Your file will be closed if
- You fail to return and/or respond to any OHA correspondence.
- You fail to return a Waiting List update within the designated timeframe, in December.
- You fail to request an appeal and/or hearing in writing within the designated timeframe.
The Waiting List is purged annually in December
- Updates are mailed by first-class mail the first week of December.+
- Updates are considered delivered unless they are returned by the US Post Office.
- Updates must be returned and/or responded to within the designated timeframe to avoid closing the applicant’s file and removing the applicant’s name from the Waiting List.
- Appeals will only be considered if a request is made in writing and received within 30 days after the date a Waiting List file is closed.
Olathe Housing Authority (OHA)
P.O. Box 768
200 W. Santa Fe Street
Olathe, KS 66061
913- 971-6277 - Fax
Contact the Olathe Housing Authority at OlatheConnect.