Community gardening in Olathe generates an overwhelming interest at three locations:
- Old Town Garden at Loula St. and Water St.
- Fairview Garden at Santa Fe and Pine St.
- Spruce Street Garden near Spruce St. and Kansas Ave.
Submit a request at Olathe Community Gardens or call 913-732-3223 if you are interested in a garden space.
The City of Olathe has established a partnership with Olathe Medical Center, Johnson County K-State Research and Extension, and the faith community to encourage and assist to establish new garden areas in Olathe.
Call 913-732-3223 if you are interested in starting a new garden area or learning more about the partnership.
- 2003 - The Garden was started in the fall of 2003 by a cooperative effort of the City of Olathe and the Original Old Town Neighborhood group.
- 2004 - Land at the corner of Loula and Water was prepared as part of an Eagle Scout project and the first crops were planted in the spring of 2004.
- 2007 - The garden was moved to a larger and more permanent site located on the northwest corner of Santa Fe & Pine St.
- 2008 - Planting started in the spring of 2008.